Statement: The Chairman of the company urged all the employees to refrain from making long personal calls during working hours in order to boost productivity.
- Majority of the employees may respond positively to the Chairman's appeal.
- Most of the employees may continue to make long personal calls during working hours.
Statement: A warning in a train compartment - "To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for false use Rs. 500."
- Some people misuse the alarm chain.
- On certain occasions, people may want to stop a running train.
Statement: King said to his queen: Tenali is the most wise man in my kingdom.
- King is not as wise as Tenali.
- He is planning to coronate Tenali as the next king.
Statement: It is dangerous to take this preparation except under medical supervision - written on the label of a bottle.
- People will not take this medicine on their own.
- The doctors will not prescribe this medicine to a patient.
Only I is implicit.
Only II is implicit.
Either I or II is implicit.
I and II are implicit.
The warning has been put on the label so that people read it and do not take it accidentally. So the assumption is that people will not take this medicine without asking a doctor. I is implicit. There is nothing that suggests that the doctors won't prescribe it, so II is not implicit.
Statement: The municipal corporation advised all the people living in the shanties along the beaches to move to higher places during monsoon.
- Many people lining in the shanties may leave the city and relocate themselves elsewhere in the state.
- Majority of the people living in the shanties along the beach will try to relocate to higher places during monsoon.
This Blog Post/Article "Statements and Assumptions Quiz Set 39" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2017-05-17.