List of Posts
This is the complete list of categories of posts written under the category Chemistry XI Ch 3 . They have been ordered by the publish date, with the most recent first.
- Published: 15-Jun-2021Which of the following pairs of elements would have a more negative electron gain enthalpy? (i) O or F (ii) F or Cl
- Published: 14-Jun-2021The first ionization enthalpy values (in kJ mol-1) of group 13 elements are : B Al Ga In Tl 801 577 579 558 589 How would you explain this deviation from the general trend ?
- Published: 14-Jun-2021How would you explain the fact that the first ionization enthalpy of sodium is lower than that of magnesium but its second ionization enthalpy is higher than that of magnesium?
- Published: 13-Jun-2021Among the second period elements the actual ionization enthalpies are in the order Li < B < Be < C < O < N < F < Ne. Explain why (i) Be has higher ∆i H than B (ii) O has lower ∆i H than N and F?
- Published: 12-Jun-2021What is the significance of the terms — 'isolated gaseous atom' and 'ground state' while defining the ionization enthalpy and electron gain enthalpy?
- Published: 11-Jun-2021Explain why cation are smaller and anions larger in radii than their parent atoms?
- Published: 11-Jun-2021Consider the following species : N3- , O2-, F- , Na+ , Mg2+ and Al3+ (a) What is common in them? (b) Arrange them in the order of increasing ionic radii.
- Published: 09-Jun-2021How do atomic radius vary in a period and in a group? How do you explain the variation?
- Published: 08-Jun-2021Write the atomic number of the element present in the third period and seventeenth group of the periodic table.
- Published: 07-Jun-2021In terms of period and group where would you locate the element with Z =114?
- Published: 04-Jun-2021On the basis of quantum numbers, justify that the sixth period of the periodic table should have 32 elements.