List of Posts
This is the complete list of categories of posts written during Mar 2021. They have been ordered by the publish date, with the most recent first.
- Published: 03-Mar-2021How to POST an ASP.NET Core 5 Razor Page through an Ajax Request. We discuss a practical approach that is to-the-point and easy to understand. The given code is ready to copy-paste!
- Published: 07-Mar-2021You are a slow learner? and want to cover the basics that you failed to understand when you were in class X? We have a pendrive course for you that will cover all those topics, once again, in a slow manner that you will definitely be able to follow.
- Published: 11-Mar-2021This project is about creating an Admin Panel that would be suitable for a reporting project or an EBook that shows a table of links on the left and the corresponding content on the right side. The content is obtained by an Ajax call to an ASP.NET Core application. Source code for all the three files has been given and explained below.
- Published: 12-Mar-2021THE CRUX: record types are meant for storing read-only, init-once data. They serve the purpose of ValueTypes, but in reality they are reference types; they have best of both the worlds. They, being reference types, can be efficiently passed as function arguments(like class objects), and yet they carry data like structs [though read-only] but the data doesn't get copied during function calls - this promotes efficiency. They are 2-in-1: they are RefTypes but they perform the task of ValueTypes (though read-only, init-once). So with C# 9.0 we have a triad - class, struct and record. Two different instances of records are equal if they contain the same data (like structs, and un-like the classes!) The "positional record" syntax makes it easier to create their objects, and the newly introduced "with" expressions make it even easier to create their exact copies, possibly with just-in-time alterations to some of their properties.
- Published: 20-Mar-2021Pure Javascipt and html5 based general solution for in-place or in-line editing of the tr, td records of an html table. This solution is suitable for ajax based updates of the rows of a table. We shall demonstrate the concept with just one input text, but this solution can easily be extended to include dropdowns, radio buttons and checkboxes:
- Published: 22-Mar-2021Simplest explanation of AJAX based Edit, Update, Cancel operations on a row of an HTML table. An ASP.NET Core POST handler receives the updated values that can be processed for an update to a database.
- Published: 23-Mar-2021Following are my top 6 interview questions on the "init" accessor introduced recently in C# 9. The answers have all been fully explained through code examples. All the examples have been kept as short as possible.
- (C# ASP.NET Core 5 Ajax) How to POST data with AJAX Independently of (i.e., without) a Form and hence solve the HTTP Bad Request Error 400Published: 25-Mar-2021Anti-forgery token is NOT available outside of <form> tags. This article, alongwith the appended video, explains how to use IAntiforgery service to solve this limitation, and POST data, especially as an AJAX request, when a full-fledged form is not possible?
- Published: 30-Mar-2021This program is for the Windows OS only. The location of the desktop folder is first obtained by using the Win32 function SHGetKnownFolderPath. Then PathAllocCombine is used to append the name of the file to obtain the path to the file. Finally, some text is written using the iostream library of C++!