List of Posts
This is the complete list of categories of posts written during May 2021. They have been ordered by the publish date, with the most recent first.
- Published: 03-May-2021Dinitrogen and dihydrogen react with each other to produce ammonia according to the following chemical equation: N2 (g) + H2 (g) → 2NH3 (g)(i) Calculate the mass of ammonia produced if 2.00 × 103 g dinitrogen reacts with 1.00 ×103 g of dihydrogen. (ii) Will any of the two reactants remain unreacted? (iii) If yes, which one and what would be its mass?
- Published: 03-May-2021How are 0.50 mol Na2CO3 and 0.50 M Na2CO3 different?
- Published: 03-May-2021If 10 volumes of dihydrogen gas reacts with five volumes of dioxygen gas, how many volumes of water vapour would be produced?
- Published: 04-May-2021Which one of the following will have the largest number of atoms? (i) 1 g Au (s) (ii) 1 g Na (s) (iii) 1 g Li (s) (iv) 1 g of Cl2(g)
- Published: 04-May-2021Calculate the molarity of a solution of ethanol in water, in which the mole fraction of ethanol is 0.040 (assume the density of water to be one).
- Published: 05-May-2021What will be the mass of one 12C atom in g?
- Published: 05-May-2021Use the data given in the following table to calculate the molar mass of naturally occuring argon isotopes: Isotope Isotopic molar mass Abundance 36Ar 35.96755 g mol-1 0.337% 38Ar 37.96272 g mol-1 0.063% 40Ar 39.9624 g mol-1 99.600%
- Published: 05-May-2021Calculate the number of atoms in each of the following (i) 52 moles of Ar (ii) 52 u of He (iii) 52 g of He.
- Published: 07-May-2021A welding fuel gas contains carbon and hydrogen only. Burning a small sample of it in oxygen gives 3.38 g carbon dioxide, 0.690 g of water and no other products. A volume of 10.0 L (measured at STP) of this welding gas is found to weigh 11.6 g. Calculate (i) empirical formula, (ii) molar mass of the gas, and (iii) molecular formula.
- Published: 07-May-2021Calcium carbonate reacts with aqueous HCl to give CaCl2 and CO2 according to the reaction, CaCO3 (s) + 2 HCl (aq) → CaCl2 (aq) + CO2 (g) + H2O(l) What mass of CaCO3 is required to react completely with 25 mL of 0.75 M HCl?
- Published: 07-May-2021Chlorine is prepared in the laboratory by treating manganese dioxide (MnO2) with aqueous hydrochloric acid according to the reaction 4 HCl (aq) + MnO2 (s) → 2H2O (l) + MnCl2 (aq) + Cl2 (g) How many grams of HCl react with 5.0 g of manganese dioxide?
- Published: 08-May-2021(i) Calculate the number of electrons which will together weigh one gram. (ii) Calculate the mass and charge of one mole of electrons.
- Published: 09-May-2021(i) Calculate the total number of electrons present in one mole of methane. (ii) Find (a) the total number and (b) the total mass of neutrons in 7 mg of 14C. (Assume that mass of a neutron = 1.675 × 10-27 kg). (iii) Find (a) the total number and (b) the total mass of protons in 34 mg of NH3 at STP. Will the answer change if the temperature and pressure are changed ?
- Published: 09-May-2021Yellow light emitted from a sodium lamp has a wavelength (λ) of 580 nm. Calculate the frequency (ν) and wavenumber (ν) of the yellow light.
- Published: 10-May-2021What is the number of photons of light with a wavelength of 4000 pm that provide 1J of energy?
- Published: 10-May-2021A photon of wavelength 4 × 10-7 m strikes on metal surface, the work function of the metal being 2.13 eV. Calculate (i) the energy of the photon (eV), (ii) the kinetic energy of the emission, and (iii) the velocity of the photoelectron (1 eV= 1.6020 × 10-19 J).
- Published: 10-May-2021Electromagnetic radiation of wavelength 242 nm is just sufficient to ionise the sodium atom. Calculate the ionisation energy of sodium in kJ mol-1.
- Published: 11-May-2021A 25 watt bulb emits monochromatic yellow light of wavelength of 0.57µm. Calculate the rate of emission of quanta per second.